Name:
Location: Grafton, West Virginia, United States

I enjoy working on sewing machines, and usually have them all over the house. I just added three more to my collection, and have been sewing on the one. The other two are going to take a lot of cleaning and work before I can try them out. I love to sew, mostly quilting these days, although I do sew up a few things for the house. I have fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis, mitral valve prolapse, bone spurs growing on my spine, deteriorating hips and knees, so don't have lots of energy to do all the things I want, but still manage to enjoy life despite the constant pain. I love to read, a good murder mystery is my favorite, along with quilt books! LOL I love working on my website, and learning something new all the time, and am in hopes of setting up my own storefront and auction site. Oh yeah, I'm a mother and grandmother.

Saturday, April 02, 2005

Stuck in neutral...

The pain is finally leaving, so have been getting a few things done. Still not up to par yet, and seriously wonder if I will ever be. I cannot stand on my feet for more than fifteen minutes at a time, and just going to the grocey store wears me out for days afterward.
I"ve been working on my website, and have even managed to get some things listed on ebay, but I am still light years behind. I'm still having a lot of pain if I sit at the computer very long, so have to do one thing at a time, and that way I just can't seem to keep myself going in the right direction.
It is snowing! It started about 10 pm, and isn't sticking to the ground yet, but the cars are covered. They are saying 2-4 inches in the lower elevations, and up to 6-8 inches in the higher elevations, and I guess you would say we are right in the middle of that prediction! It is too late to be up, but I am waiting on Johnny to come home, I'm starting to get worried, he never stays this late, and usually if he is going to be later than he thought, he will call and tell me. So, here I sit worrying, and writing, and worrying, and ....
I went down and played on 'Cocoa' this evening. I was practicing my freemotion embroidery, but couldn't get anything to go right. I was having all kind of tension problems, and messed with the bobbin case before I realized it was the wrong one, so now will have to get it adjusted for regular stitching. I should just keep her for a freemotion machine, but I hate changing heads in and out of the cabinet, and it is too hard for me to do anyway, so always have to ask Johnny to do it, and he isn't always here when it needs done, so just go my merry old way, messing things up!
I'm using my serger thread for my practice pieces, I can't afford to waste good thread, but I really want to dig into some of it, I just love thread, as much as I love fabric, maybe more! Thread is so versatile, and you can make it become anything.
I think I'll stay in bed all day tomorrow, I am so tired. I say that every night, but never do, although I really need a whole day in bed, but having to spend so much time lying down last week when my hips and thighs were hurting so bad was enough to drive me nuts...
I'm going to bed, he'll get here when he gets here. Ok, I give up, and he shows up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home